The B-girl Guide is up for a grant of $2000 to fund the final editing, illustration and printing of the book. It’s me and 60 other projects and it’s totally dependent on your vote! There’s a lot of great, great projects there & I’d love to win! Then I would be able to complete the [...]
Happy Earth Day?
I suppose it was inevitable that Earth Day, founded 42 years ago in 1970, would be co-opted. I stopped reading the countless emails from company after company I received this week exclaiming “Happy Earth Day!” and offering “free shipping!” “Save 10%!” or “40% off!”
On the one hand, we all want to celebrate the [...]
Ed. note — It’s the holidays and sometimes it can be joyful; sometimes sad. A perfect time for this piece!
Did you know a Me&Ro bracelet could inspire a friendship? Apparently, it can. About five years ago, I emailed Giving Tree Jewelry co-owner Rachel Leigh Smith trying to decide on a color – black or red [...]
When I was in my twenties, I followed a macrobiotic diet. I was incredibly dedicated. So much of how I live now was informed by that time period. NYC had its own Macrobiotic Center at the time, based out of the gorgeous Cable Building at 611 Broadway, off Houston Street in the Village.*
My first appointment [...]
Update: There is, of course, more to this story. Someone from an animal rescue org. tweeted me via Twitter and I have interviewed her and will post shortly. It’s not as ‘feel good’ as it sounds as there are many restrictions put in place by the government. Follow up story to come.
Via The Telegraph Fukushima [...]
BGG Ed. note — I’ve felt, that, here in the U.S., we are shielded from what’s happening in Japan post-Fukushima disaster and yet it’s so important to keep up to speed. I’ve compiled excerpts of – and links to – key news articles over the last few months. This continues to be a developing story. [...]
Photo taken by Heather at Roger_Paw Blog. I met Heather one day at Washington Square Park – she has one of the most active sites covering the red-tailed hawks – Violet, Bobby & Pip – that moved into the area around the park earlier this year. She takes gorgeous photos. (My other blog, you may [...]
This site is under construction !
Pictured: Lonelyville Coffee storefront, a coffee shop which resided across from Brooklyn’s Prospect Park. Some of The B-girl Guide was written here (and in many other coffee shops) before it closed (2 years ago?). Great ambiance inside.
It is now a vintage / antique store. The sign remains.
Hey!This is my book site. I'm going to update here a bit more frequently but feel free to explore! This blog will update on current issues, products, health, beauty, life, animals, environment, people and places.
Email me: email@example.com
Sign up for B-girl Guide Newsletter!
- Vote for the B-girl Guide – Help Me Win a Grant for $2000 Via GOOD Magazine
- The Commercialization of Earth Day — “Saving” Our Environment and What We Can Do About It
- Rachel Leigh Smith, Author and Creator: “How to Avoid Being Sad, Volume II” + Some Tips
- Fukushima Fallout: How to Protect Ourselves from Radiation (At least somewhat)
- Fukushima: With Serious Restrictions, Some Animals to be Rescued at Last; Monkeys to Monitor Radiation (Part II)
- Vinnie Kub on Fukushima Fallout: How to Protect Ourselves from Radiation (At least somewhat)
- Tales of Washington Square Park (Cathryn Swan’s new book) | StandUp4NYC on Tales of Washington Square Park – New!
- Reena Graeber on The Commercialization of Earth Day — “Saving” Our Environment and What We Can Do About It
- cathrynbe on The Commercialization of Earth Day — “Saving” Our Environment and What We Can Do About It
- Donny Moss on The Commercialization of Earth Day — “Saving” Our Environment and What We Can Do About It